Contact / Register
To register and/or to contact us for general questions, please fill in the box below. We will answer promptly.
37, rue Wineck - F-68230 - Katzenthal (France)
“Everything was right: the course, the teacher, the accomodation, the room, the food, the daily evening sessions and, of course, the fantastic final concert.”
— Achim Hudewentz (Freiburg, Germany)
“Loved every minute of it... The comradery amongst participants was heartwarming and soothing”
— Charline Warwick (Thurso, Scotland)
- Price and payment: the price for EUROPEAN MUSIC WORKSHOPS 2020 is €790,- per person (single room surcharge of €20,- per night: total €910,-), payable in advance. This includes six (6) overnights, five (5) days tuition and three (3) meals a day. Registrations will be accepted in writing only (email or snailmail). The registration is binding only on receipt of the full fee, which must be paid before July 1st 2020 at the latest. At this time, you will be issued a receipt.
- Cancellation: in the case of cancellation up to four weeks before the start of the event, i.e. up to July 6th 2020, the total fee will be refunded after deduction of a 5% processing charge. In the case of cancellation up to one week before the start of the event, i.e. up to July 27th 2020, 50% of the total fee will be refunded. If cancellation is received less than one week before the start of the event, i.e. after July 27th 2020, the total fee is not refundable.
- General Information: the event starts on Monday, August 3rd 2020 at 14:00. Participants will attend a "welcome briefing" at 17:00, followed by an informal get together in the evening after dinner, so that students can settle in comfortably while getting to know one another and the instructors (Please, see below under "Arrival").
- Classes schedule: classes begin on Tueday, August 4th 2020 and will offer 4 hours of tuition daily including the opportunity for own choice practice sessions under the supervision of the instructors. In the evenings, there will be ample opportunity for jam sessions and band practice/coaching, either outside (weather permitting) or inside the premises.
Number of students: courses will be limited to a maximum of twenty (20) students in order to ensure an optimal learning situation.
Public concert: the event will culminate in a public concert on the evening of Saturday, August 8th 2020.
- How to get there by road: here is a link showing you how to get to "La Maison du Kleebach". When coming from the direction of Colmar, follow the signs to "Munster". Here the exact house address for your GPS: Number: 5 - Street: route du Kleebach - Postal code: 68.140 - Location: Munster - Country: France (latitude and longitude coordinates: 48.048.4607 / 7.162.4315).
- How to get here by train: should you travel by train, please give us a call at (+33) (0)188.8.131.52.25 when arrived at the Munster station. We will arrange a pick-up for you and your luggage.
- Arrival: our welcome desk will be open from 2:00 PM onwards on Monday, August 3rd 2020. On your arrival, you will be given the key to your room, at "La Maison du Kleebach" or in Gunsbach. Rooms can only be changed with our knowledge and consent. The rooms can be reached by means of the stairs or the lift at "La Maison du Kleebach", stairs only in Gunsbach. At 5:00 PM, we'll hold our traditional "welcome briefing" in one of the classrooms.
- Parking: there are two car parks with space for 40 vehicles 300 yards below "La Maison du Kleebach" itself. You can drive up to the steps of the house to unload your baggage, but are requested to then immediately drive your car to the parking area to avoid blocking the entrance. Of course you can leave your baggage in the reception area while doing so. There is plenty of parking in Gunsbach.
- Mealtimes: these times are fixed unless changed personally by prior arrangement. Breakfast from 9:30 to 10:30 AM, lunch from 1:30 to 2:30 PM, dinner at 7:30 PM. Mealtimes will be announced by a bell (in the key of C) and the serving staff will appreciate it if you are punctual.
- Should you become thirsty (and chances are you will): the tap water is sterilised and also controlled regularly, so it’s drinkable. Moreover, our bar offers a selection of drinks (tap beer, wine, sodas, juices, etc...) at very reasonable prices. There will be a check list there for you to note your consumption. Please do not forget to pay before departure.
- Smoking: the entire house is a public building and is fitted with smoke alarms. We therefore ask you to only smoke outside. There are large clay pots for your cigarette ends.
- Departure: we kindly request that you leave your room by 10:00 AM on Sunday, August 9th 2020, in order to make things easier for the cleaning staff as another group will be arriving later that same day. Please hand in your key at the reception desk. In the case of the loss of your key, you will be charged for a replacement.
- Please note: the management, that carries the liability for the house, may take any necessary measures in the case of incidents which could jeopardise the premises.